Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Scared Space: The closet

In an effort to restore some balance and sanity to my life, I'm making organization and order a priority. It's often stated that "clutter in your space creates clutter in your mind." I totally agree with this sentiment. I think the opposite holds true as well, "a cluttered mind can create clutter in your space." Upon doing any type of school work or studying at home, I have to clean. It's like a clearing ritual. Unfortunately, I have a lot of stuff, have recently moved, and am in the process of completing my PhD studies. So, finding any spare time for intense cleaning is pretty much non existent. But in desperate need of mental decluttering, I've decided to take on the task of cleaning and organizing my closet. More like a dressing room considering it is an actual room. It's like a battle field right now. Boxes of clothes and shoes everywhere. I've been rotating the same clothes for the past 6 weeks because every time I go in there, it becomes to much. I read that the areas you collect clutter in you house is indicative of specific emotional issues. The closet is associated with hidden issues. Lord knows I have them! Now is the time to tackle them and this closet.

Here's the before: 
ahotmess.com!!!

I was clearly going to need some backup. With the help of a good friends (Dr. Brown), we gave this space a pretty intense makeover.  
The view looking into the room

Space for bags, scarfs, belts, shirts and some shoes

Racks for pants and trousers
More space for clothes and accessories 
My Babies!!! The ultimate shoe wall :)

Now I can finally utilize this room (and my clothes).  The wardrobes cost about $100 each and were not easy to assemble at all! The shelves for the shoe wall were about $12.00 each. All and all the project didn't break the bank and resulted in an organized and functional dressing room. Now I have to focus on keeping it that way....

OmiD

No comments:

Post a Comment