Tuesday, November 1, 2011

D.I.Y. Project: Earring frame

Blessings fellow Crafters!!!
Just wanted to share a quick and simple frame I made for hanging my earrings. I grew very frustrated with digging through my jewelry box to find earrings. Once the wanted earring was found, I had to spend more time trying to untangle them or finding its match. It was just too much. So, I created a device for hanging earring using simple items found around my house.


What you will need:
- A picture frame. The size of the frame is dependent upon the amount of earrings you own. If you own a lot of earrings, then a larger frame should be used.
- A nice piece of fabric that slightly larger then the photo frame.
- Mesh, the kind that you use on screen doors. You can get this from home depot and it's really inexpensive. It comes in wire and plastic. I used plastic.  The piece you use for the device should be the same size as your fabric.
- A staple gun and short staples
- Earrings

Here's what you do.
1. Remove the glass or plastic insert from the frame. You will not need it for the device. You should have two pieces: the frame and the backing.
2. Now take your fabric and lay it right side up. Then take your mesh and lay it on top of the fabric. Finally, take the fabric mesh combo and place it on top of the backing with the mesh side on top.
3. Tightly staple the fabric/mesh to the back of the backing, Cut off any extra fabric.  
4. Place the frame onto the backing.
5. Add your earrings and hang onto the wall.

Your finish product should look similar to this:
 
You can color the frame with paint, add razzle dazzle, cowrie shells or whatever you like to create a personalized piece.

Happy Crafting 

OmiD 

No comments:

Post a Comment