Saturday, July 14, 2012

Third year reflections

Thursday marked the three year anniversary of my Osun Initiation (7/12/09). This continual process has taught me so much about my spiritual and physical self. I am so far removed from the woman I once was, yet still miles away from the Goddess I'm striving to manifest inwardly and outwardly. These few years have been challenging, yet extremely rewarding.

The biggest lesson learned thus far?

Don't get comfortable living in old destructive behavior patterns.

Osun is often referred to as a "cool" or "sweet" Orisa. This is true in terms of how she approaches and deals with her children. However, like any mother, when she's fed up with her children's hardheadedness she can become extremely heated. It's often said that Osun is the one Orisa you DO NOT want to anger! So, if there are some character, behavioral and/or personal issues that you've been neglecting to address, Yeye will put the mirror in your face and force you to do the needed introspective work in order to move forward with your destiny. Osun is about uprightness, powerful divine womanhood, and moralistic behavior. When you are not honoring these principles, your not walking in her light.


Being able to do the introspective work needed for self-development is not simple. It's a life long process. The the Holy Odu Eji Ogbe, says "bit by bit, we eat the head of the rat," meaning tackle each issue, each problem one at a time. However, if spirit tells you to fix something, don't ignore the request. The consequence for such an error can be grave and result in life altering changes.

As I embark on this next year, I'm striving to do better, be better and live better. Honoring and uplifting Osun in every step. This blog was created to highlight some of my creative works, focusing on sewing. Not just sewing of clothing, but sewing good health, sewing good spiritual practices, sewing good relationships, sewing good self-image, etc. Continue to follow me in through this journey.

I've been really bad at posting. I'm going to do better... for real this time!!!   

Love,
OmiD

No comments:

Post a Comment